Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosl2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
I'm pretty sure the cig lighter powers off 2-3 minutes after car turns off. Might be different timing based on whether you lock doors.... Check that.
I will give that a try, i did lock the doors and it stayed on but i didnt stay there to watch for 2-3 mins.

I guess the other option is a mirror tap up top and get rid of all the wires.
Wire to to the fuse box to fuse #50 with a tap. I HIGHLY suggest not doing a mirror tap. BMW's are very picky on power. Fuse #50 is unused and is constant power. It's very easy to do and won't eff with the electrical current needed for all of the safety systems in the mirror housing. Plus those harnesses are really hard to get to.
Personal experience or did you learn this from others? Thanks for the info. Might prove useful if I pull the trigger on a Blackvue dashcam. Or I might use the Blackvue OBD2 adapter.
Here is your answer!
just ordered mirror tap and blend mount, which two color wire did you tap into?
You do not want to use the mirror tap. I still have mine what I ended up not using. The harnesses are incredibly difficult to get to and it's not advised to mess with any of the electrical current going to the safety systems inside of that housing. Just don't do it.

Go to fuse block number 50 with a fuse tap. The fuse box is located on the passenger side kick panel and is very easy to get to.. if you run a direct wire, just make sure to route it behind the airbag in the A pillar.
Appreciate 0