View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 09:52 AM   #1
nicholasbird
Rep
Drives: BMW 530D SE

Unrealistic expectations? - G30 unable to display metadata from 1tb of flac/mp3s

Tested my 1TB music collection on a G30 today on a 'fast' 1TB USB thumb drive (patriot rage). (3100 albums)

After about 5 minutes of plugging in usb, the system eventually ungreyed out album view and i could scroll through album art. (started playback immediately of 1st track whislt waiting for browse to appear.)

However only seemed to show 100 albums before glitching out.
Even search by folder view could not show all root folders (<100).

Is there a package / head unit / version of idrive that will fare better. I wasnt expecting it to be flawless but only reading 100 albums or so and not being able to navigate folder structure seemed very lame..

dont know the idrive version, but the Media Version was showing as MB-006.006.006 and the manufactur date was 02/17.

edit - maybe i need to curate content into a particular folder structure to give it a better chance?, its not entirely Root\Artist\Album\tracks. Some are Root\Compilations\Compilation Sub cateogry\Album\tracks.

Would connecting a iphone directly on usb or by car play yield a better experience with large libraries?

edit2 - further investigation (vin decoder) suggests head unit is S609 navigation system professional

Last edited by nicholasbird; 02-26-2020 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0