03-29-2024, 09:11 AM   #42
jcal65
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Yeh it’s a completely different set of priorities for this car it would seem
Example have you ever wanted a car that can play games and take selfies…..
The ultimate driving machine? Mmmm I don’t think so
I don’t hate the new G60, I don’t love it either. I just see this as another example of becoming more of an automated, non-tactile appliance loaded with gimmicks to entice the masses to make up for lost soul, while appeasing the government idiots who seem to know better than we do how to live our lives. The prices have reached a level that pushes away any interest for me on a vehicle that does not “wow” me or seem special.

I am not opposed to change for the better. I am opposed to the government mandating my buying decisions. Obviously, it’s not just BMW going along with forced changes; it is everywhere in everything.

Many think this is great progress and get sucked into the hype, I don’t. Just peruse the G60 forum, especially the i5 owners, who justify poor range, lack of physical controls, synthetic seats, overcomplicated basic functions like changing temperature or adjusting the seat, and lots of plastic inside and out. Some brag they leased the i5 because they will just chuck it to the next loser when the lease runs out because better EV technology is coming, and this thing will be a worthless “dog” with a giant battery before heading for the hazardous waste dump. This is progress.
arkhi172.00
tsbrown1098.00