Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_234
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
The Dr Color Chip is basically the same kind of idea. You just put a blob on there, let it dry, then rub with a solvent to smooth the repair. It blends down their paint, not the original paint, so there is zero risk of any collateral damage. I did a chip on my door from the valet and with a coat of wax I cannot even find it anymore.
Ah I see. That is pretty cool. I gravitate toward the full on paint and wet sand approach but have been doing it for some time and have all the supplies so could see how people go other routes. I would not own a car of the caliber of the M235 without owning a buffer and all of these supplies though.
Understood. I'm firmly in the camp of lease fix vs own fix on this one, and in my case since I valet my car there are certain things like chips on edge of door that I know for a fact are bound to happen repeatedly. Chip in hood, 100% get it done professionally. Tiny defect in front lip, door edge etc. I can't stomach paying over and over again. Think the whole kit was $50 that'll do me for the little stuff for the life of the lease.
Appreciate 0