View Single Post
      04-15-2024, 12:10 PM   #21
B58-M340iX
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Garage List
We had a shooting local to me and it freaked a lot of people (myself included) out. RIP to the victims, and I'm also glad that since the shooter targeted women a female officer took him out. Brings me so much anxiety. Bastard :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
We just don’t need a semi automatic, multi round magazine, bump stoped, mass killing, firearm to kill a duck or even a kangaroo!
Not to take away from your overall point to the other post or generate "debate," but the number of rounds in a magazine, or bump stops, is a rather irrelevant metric in the cause of USA mass shootings/homicides. It takes an average person around a day or two to reload a mag efficiently. Also, criminals be criminalin'. They don't care about "no guns allowed" or only 'x' rounds allowed in a magazine.

There are a lot of "just don't need" items: M3 Competitions, twin turbos, 500 horsepower, and massive suburbitanks. When someone starts telling you what you can and cannot have, and how much of it you can have, you're going down a real slippery slope.

What I wish the media and politicians would stop doing is going after "big scary rifle gun bad" and instead start focusing on mental health, requirements for owning a firearm (I'm actually okay with psych evals), and other important factors. Handguns account for around 2/3 - 3/4 of homicides in the US which is rarely ever discussed (see source). Knives are used to kill more people than all other defined gun times COMBINED (excluding "firearm not listed" which likely would comprise of more handguns given the numbers).
Attached Images

Last edited by B58-M340iX; 04-15-2024 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 3