DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
Have you made sure the seats fit in the 235?

We dont have alot of room to work with.

I emailed those folks a year ago about a harness bar for 2 series, no answer.

IND has a bolt in full cage available for around 6k.
I haven't looked into 235 seat fitment at all, but I expect the Recaro Profi XL would fit fine (don't let the "XL" scare you - it's not much bigger than standard, and Recaro seats generally run a bit on the small side). At any rate, as I understand it, their mounts will work with most race seats.

I have never tried emailing them; the company has various industrial manufacturing operations, so it might be better to just call and ask for Ian, who is their dedicated auto engineer...(and he's a die hard BMW guy).

By the way, Ian also worked up a set of anodized aluminum spacers to make the M car tension struts fit our cars. Some guys are having these custom made to get the specs just right (or buying off the shelf spacers that are close, then doing a little fitting to make them work), so I suggested that B-K consider offering them as a drop in kit in their parts catalog...Not sure if they plan to do so, but they may do if people show interest.

I'm sure the IND cage is nice - but 6k is steep, and I imagine it's a pain in the neck to get in and out.