View Single Post
      04-23-2021, 06:20 PM   #57
G30NI
Rep
Drives: G30 530dx

Hi Guys,

I have installed the M performance diffuser and small insert trim.

While I have used a replica version, I have ordered the genuine parts from my local dealership.

To be honest, I couldn’t find a single G30 in person, that had one fitted so I wasn’t certain if I would like it, so decided to get the cheap one first to make my mind up and I must say in person it makes a good difference.

While I find the black gloss version really pops, I do think the Matt black might look more OEM and less boy racer.

I have two questions, my replica version as you can see from the photos, I can not get the bolts under the vehicle to line up, else where the fit and quality is pretty decent for the £110 asking price (but not perfect)

Reading the BMW M Performance aero kit installation guide, it mentions cutting two small areas of the large exhaust support cover, however this isn’t clear if this is only required for the larger carbon fibre wing version. Does anyone know ?

Looking underneath the car, I can’t see how cutting these areas would benefit the fit of this version.

Question two, has anyone painted the small insert in their body colour like shown in the official photos?

I can’t seem to find any real life pictures and would you think the looking having the insert painted white or keeping it all Matt black would look best.

Thanks
Jon
Attached Images

Last edited by G30NI; 04-23-2021 at 06:32 PM..
Appreciate 0