AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellzAzn View Post
So Canada does not have a federal "lemon" law. But we do have an arbitrator process. Read through it and basically if I win; it's not even binding. So I'm SoL. All I can do is scream enough until somebody listens or take them to small claims court. My dealership is a PoS in customer service and BMW ain't looking the greatest either. Still haven't gotten a firm contact for BMW warranty.
The car is drivable, so unlikely any lemon law would really help. Usually, screaming does not help either, and arbitration seems a long shot unless they refuse to repair it. You said the parts are on order and suggest they intend to fix it. That doesn't sound like a refusal. I understand your impatience but saying you want it NOW will not get the parts here any faster, nor will calling any other BMW number. They will tell you that the parts are on order and they will repair it. What do you expect they will say? In fact, what more do you want?

If they can't fix it, then the problem may lie in the trunk lid and not the spoiler. Perhaps the surface is not perfectly flat. Of course, you could always ask for the cost of the spoiler to be refunded and have the trunk lid refinished if a repair fails.
Appreciate 0