View Single Post
      01-19-2021, 01:58 AM   #15
cwhit122
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
My god, I couldn't have worded it any better.

I'm currently looking into an M550i for a daily. I previously owned an F80 M3 that was FBO on E85, and it just caused so many problems (not spun crank hub for those familiar with the F80 issues). I couldn't take it to BMW for obvious reasons and it just ended up costing me a lot of money to repair, and for what? Being able to accelerate slightly quicker the few times a week it was safe to do so on the highway while also praying there aren't any cops around?

That being said, it's for my use case. I know there are many of you guys that enjoy speeding around in these beast cars. I'm looking to hunker down into a 5 series because I'm having a baby, and this whole "mod the car to oblivion" is kind of behind me in the sense of I have to worry about getting home safe more than anything else. an M550i vs. a bog standard 530i would be nice since accelerating quicker has its advantages around NYC.

At this point, I'm trying to figure out if it's worth leasing a new M550i vs. buying a CPO '18 or '19. I think I might get bored rather quickly, which is where buying would be nice since I could just sell it vs. a 3 year commitment.
The money factor and RV for a 2021 M550i lease are insanely good. especially compared to when I brought my C63s.
Appreciate 0