Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by afi2k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
I don't believe remote software updates are supported on the G30 even with iDrive 7. Maps are updated OTA based on your region.
Additionally, I don't think you'll get the OTA map updates unless you login to the ConnectedDrive website and pick a map update region. Once you've done that it should let you know with a notification in iDrive periodically.

The latest for my region is 2019-4.
My cars on 2019-2, the connected drive portal says latest is 2019-4 how do I get ota update without going down USB route? Any pointers, bummer about RSU though, the vehicle is always connected with internal sim, your able to download entire music libraries, news, weather don't see why there is an issue for RSU especially with the newer head units and ID7
Because the vehicle doesn't fully support remote software upgrades yet. There are other posts about this. There's other hardware required other than the head unit being replaced for that to function correctly.

As far as map updates are concerned, you have a core baseline version and a regional update that comes out OTA. Texas is it's own region and the latest version of it is 2019-3 while other regions may be on 2019-4.
Appreciate 0