View Single Post
      05-28-2020, 01:46 PM   #1007
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

I think what we're seeing is just how manipulated the market is by a select few. COVID is a very real situation and these "lever pullers" know it and they are freaked out. They have less control in this situation and are propping things up the best they can because they can't fathom actually having to part with their money like the rest of us bottom feeders.

Prior to COVID, they could manipulate the market based on news, situations, forecasts, etc. Their levers easily manipulate and control this because they understood the short and long-term outcomes. Now throw something like COVID into the mix where there are so many unknowns and now they've lost control. What you get is the rosiest colored glasses we've never seen.

Think about it how the market used to freak out about a bear farting in the woods like a 0.5% drop in employment when they thought it should have been a 0.5% increase. The news would be "EMPLOYMENT IS DOWN! Recession lights are flashing!". The market could drop 5% on something so insignificant. Now here we are in a situation that hasn't been seen or felt in nearly 100 years yet we're only 13% off the market peak pre-COVID? And I'd add that the market above 29,000 was already RIDICULOUS. Yeah, the system is clearly rigged.

I know it's a bit tin foil hat thinking, but that's the only sense I can make out of it. I'm heavily invested in the market and I play along, but I feel like there will be a drop and with how inflated things are, the drop will be pretty substantial. It is not the end of the world and we will recover, but we could be looking at a few years.
Rmtt8211.00
premier3is1631.50