Thread: Lexus IS500
View Single Post
      03-22-2021, 07:53 PM   #174
louscrw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 m340i

My wife had a 2015 IS350 FSport prior to her current 2019 330i. Was pretty certain we were going to get a M340i when her 330i lease is up in Feb, or possibly a M3 comp (if residuals are a little better once the dust settles). My wife doesn’t track her car, or try to race everyone at each red light, so we don’t need crazy numbers. As mentioned earlier in this thread, most of these cars are plenty sporty enough for DD duties. But admittedly, my wife does enjoy the increased sportiness of the 330i over her last Lexus, and she is looking forward to another step up in the M340i, and would be over the moon if I got her an M3. Though she doesn’t track or race, she definitely is a spirited driver.

Although the 330i is light years ahead of Toyota/Lexus in technology, it is also glitchy and everyday I wonder what my wife is going to tell me was acting weird in her car that day. I never had that feeling when she had her Lexus. Plain and simple, they are reliable and problem free. There is a reason why people lease BMWs, but purchase Lexus. You’d really be rolling the dice keeping a BMW beyond the warranty period...at least that is my gut feeling, I could be wrong.

Sure, this new 2022 IS500 looks VERY similar to my wife’s old 2015 model, but that is just the Toyota/Lexus way. People like reliability, and Toyota doesn’t change what isn’t broken. I did notice a front camera in one of the videos, so possibly 360 camera could be a nice addition to the IS lineup. That is one feature my wife absolutely loves on her 330i and pretty much a “must have” for her now going forward.

With all that being said, Lexus will definitely be getting another look from us when this hits the showroom floors. Perfect timing with our lease ending in Feb. Come fall, we’ll either be ordering a IS500 or another BMW. Only difference is, I’ll be purchasing one or leasing the other.

On a side note, if you’ve never experienced Lexus service and the whole dealer experience, it is truly special. BMW, at least my local one, is absolutely horrible.
Appreciate 3
stein_325i25076.00
dscabra4958.50
Humdizzle6040.50