View Single Post
      01-20-2016, 02:55 PM   #8
NEUE02
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
What wash do you use? Just picked up chemical guys haven't tried it yet. May just go to dad's house though he has heated garage w a drain in the floor for winter washing.
That's a perfect scenario. Even waterless washing in a warm garage is better!

I have used several different washes. Chemical Guys is fine. I have used several different brands, HD, Blackfire, DP, Optimum, Griots, etc. They all work basically the same.

The trick to using any of them is proper technique. I have a bucket half full of water with a few squirts of waterless wash to add some lubrication and dirt lifting. Pre spray the panels of the car with the bottle of wash. You need to have a lot of towels. I fold them in quarters and soak them in the bucket. Then use them to wipe the panel, always in straight lines and curl the towel as you pull it across the panel so you are not grinding in the dirt. Then fold, use a clean side and make a second wipe. Continue using clean sides of the towel always. After I get eight swipes out of a towel I toss it aside and get another clean towel, soak it and repeat. I never use a dirty towel twice. I do a panel at a time. Then I use a soft waffle weave drying towel to dry the panel. It works well.

I just did my Touareg TDI a couple days ago. It's freezing outside with snow on the ground but I can't stand a dirty car. I just wish it would last longer!