05-16-2017, 01:40 AM   #11
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (G01) xDrive20i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorboat411 View Post
I ordered 540i with loads of options two weeks ago and it will finish production tomorrow. My guess is that BMW puts Euro orders to the back of the queue OR the people in Europe whose orders are supposedly getting delayed, were never placed as Priority 1 - Customer Sold.

Regarding the another post about custom orders getting delayed. It's not true, dealers get certain slots for a month so even if a slot was scheduled to start production at the end of the month, it will go into production within a couple of days of being placed in "Priority 1 - Customer Sold". I know because we placed two orders on same day but weren't able to add special options due to weekend, and cars went into production in two days. Then our dealer got two slots from another local dealer, added special options and again two days later the production had begun. Its amazing how good and efficient BMW's ordering/assembly system is.
Yeah i agree on the slot part. My dealer told me that when i put my order in they will check slots etc and if they can they will try and trade someone else slot.

It is a good system and would be nice to know that depending on options if you want the car quick they can say we can do it in x time. OR if you want options added it would have to be this time.

When my car got its schedule changed for delivery end of Sept i was like wtf how can these times jump around so much and go from one code to another. My dealer says at the beginning these cars can move around due to demand and people canceling orders so you can jump up the queue that way.

Also if it was going to stay at a end of sept delivery he said we would need to take a look at what spec we can get built earlier. May need to add or take away options
Appreciate 0