View Single Post
      01-25-2021, 10:44 PM   #2787
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
That's cool, like you said if she's already in good shape it's a bonus.

I on the other hand want to throat punch my husband. He's needed to work out for years. He's gained weight and his blood work is getting out of hand. It wouldn't take much as he builds muscle pretty quick. I decided to help support him by trying various classes near our house. We tried 3 different places last week and Orange Theory he seemed to like the most. We did another OT class today and he didn't want to commit. We leave and he talks about how his schedule is never the same day to day. Mine isn't either but guess what, I find time & make it work. His next complaint was the cost. I don't see this going anywhere.

I'm so frustrated because no one helps and motivates me. I eat right and get up and work out because I feel better and like the way my body is toned. I'm getting snippy with him and legit want to punch him. Quit f'ing complaining. I don't love it each time I work out but I feel better over all and happy once I'm done. I guess I want this more than he does because I know from years of experiences the benefits. I don't know what else to do and feel like he should take the next step as I set every class up and went to each one with him.
You don't seem frustrated, rather angry. Unlike a fiancée your husband doesn't care too much you prefer fit men? Well, it's all right as you are married already. Just as you mentioned, the correct motivation is to do it for himself, not for you.

Arranging classes can hardly motivate. He needs to be motivated to attend. The point probably is he thinks he's good enough as he is. Help him realize he's not. Just don't beat him: the best you can achieve that way is his ambition to beat you.

Is there anything he values and getting fit would help? As a child I spent my summers by the sea but couldn't swim. Of course I took my chance to go in for swimming to learn and did my very best! Another recent example around here is if he likes a sport car he needs to be fit to fit it.

Example is also a good motivation. Don't follow him to classes to just make sure he attends. Let him join you in working out. Once I was offered a push up competition to happen soon. I started to prepare. The competition never happened but neither I stopped. Being strong gives quite some confidence, makes things so easy as you don't even have to make your point often. That's invaluable.

And the well-being, of course. A person can think he feels well because he's got used to feeling not so well. To get there's something to improve easily... A massage can help. An improvement? You can/should gain it yourself (to save the cost ) and make it permanent by working out. If he knows he doesn't feel so well it should be easy: it will only get worse unless he starts fixing it.
Appreciate 1
rebekahb3128.50