View Single Post
      08-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #14
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
Charts look great. Exactly how map 1 should look. 40-50whp over stock. AFR is spot on also for a direct injection motor.

Map 1 doesn't change the air/fuel ratio directly. Instead it lets the DME run it. On race gas, E85, or under conditions that allow for less knock activity, it will lean the mixture out. On pump gas, higher EGT, during sustained runs, etc, where there is the potential for more knock activity it will enrich the mixture. It's a very dynamic and effective system. One nice thing is with the JB4 is if you are interested you can directly monitor knock, afr, etc, when logging (via laptop, iphone, android, etc) and see the DME in action. The JB4 also monitors the data and has criteria for safety disables. If the fuel pressure gets too low, AFR goes too lean, boost goes too high, knock goes too high, etc, the JB4 will disable itself.

Mike

Mike I'm just getting ready to start on my m4... How would I do it via iPhone?

Car is running great with just the stock map1 by the way for all those wondering.... Install was easy MAP sensor was a little bit lame but at least you can see where it needs to go unlike the M5 where it was all in the feel.

Last edited by M5Rlz; 08-04-2014 at 02:52 PM..
Appreciate 0