View Single Post
      02-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #8
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Did you ask for a list of bugs? I found a few

Un-starring a forum doesn't remove it from the favourites, i.e. "My Forums" - the message keeps popping up to say Great Success - This forum added to your "My Forums" list - OK. At least it's not removed immediately; I didn't check to see if it would be removed after re-logging in.
After removing all forums in "My Forums" for a particular parent forum, that parent forum isn't automatically removed. If you re-login then it will have been removed. Might work if you refresh, i.e. tap on your username after swiping right.
Can't find how to logout.

When replying to a PM, the ability to review the original PM is no longer available.
When replying to a PM, the whole original PM history should be requoted and included in the reply - even if it's not shown while typing the reply as was previously the case.

When viewing the Messages (PM) list, while it is possible to swipe left (from the far right) on a particular PM to reveal a white-on-red Delete option, it is too difficult to do the precise swipe action required to reveal it. Change it so a left swipe that starts anywhere on the message, or at least starting from anywhere on the date/time portion of the message. You could literally try left swiping 50 times until Delete was finally revealed.
When viewing a forum, the threads title start out as bolded blue, changes to unbolded black after being read and, after you come back to the app in the morning, those unbolded black threads are now bolde black - I don't get it and I don't like it
Seeing at a glance the threads that have been read is more difficult now that the grey shading of the entire thread row has been removed and has been replaced by just an unbolded/bolded black thread title. I don't like it

When viewing Sent Messages, scrolling/swiping down or tapping on Page 2 causes the app to crash (goes to the iPhone home screen).

Red screen of death when clicking on a notification (i.e. appreciation, mention) or tapping "Clear All"

Code:
Application Error
Can't find variable: xhr at notifications.js (line 1)
Dismiss

Even though the RSOD is displayed, after tapping Dismiss, it still goes to the appreciated/replied post.
After going back to Notifications, it has removed the Appreciation notification from the list but the count has remained at its original value, and after refreshing (swipe down), the Appreciation notification reappears and the count is still at its original value.

If tapping "Clear All", same RSOD and after tapping Dismiss it goes back to the Notification screen but the notifications have not been cleared.

Provide search capability while in a sub-forum and make the search be restricted to returning results from just that sub-forum.

Here are some bugs that I have identified in Version 3.0.0 that still haven't been resolved:
  • Does not scroll to the top of the page when the status bar is tapped - last status was Evaluating.
  • Images are cropped in the thread - should display a resized image in the app (when you tap on the cropped image, the full image is displayed)
  • Images are not displayed in PMs ([IMG] tags and URL are displayed) - images are displayed in the browser
  • Different fonts not displayed correctly in threads or PMs, e.g. Courier New displays as Times New Roman

Perhaps the iOS app is supposed to be more lightweight than the browser experience but my usage and preferences don't change between the app and browser so below are some suggested enhancements for your consideration:
  • View profile
    • remove Bimmerpost app logo and replace with avatar but make the allocated pixel area smaller for the avatar
    • left-justify username so it isn't truncated
    • show whether the user is online - could be done using background or font colours, e.g. green is online and red (or default white) is offline. Alternatively, use background colour on the Posts / Join Date block to indicate online/offline status
    • show user's current activity if online, otherwise the last date/time the user was online
    • link for posts / started threads
  • Auto-populate the quoted PM/post in any reply
  • Provide an option to not show your signature
  • PMs - left swipe to delete
  • Minimalistic landscape mode - we need more screen realestate in landscape mode
    • remove bimmerpost banner, toolbar and title bar
    • remove bottom navigation panel and replace with translucent navigation arrows (or on have navigation arrows in portrait mode)
  • Change navigation arrow to be more inline with iOS7 styling (Apple URL - may not be retained indefinitely) - there were already some other comments regarding its anatomical resemblance so perhaps simply use the following (or the iOS7 equivalent of):
    << < > >>

That's it!
Appreciate 1