11-05-2017, 12:52 PM   #13
wknddrivr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3/E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
In sport mode you notice the bump in acceleration. But the lag is from the electronic pedal not from the turbo. Most of the pedal lag is from comfort and eco mode. The dinan and car in general shines in sport mode. But the eco mode gets 30+ mpg on the freeway so its a great feature. I really can't complain about this 4 banger.

Oh the lag was always there to me in comfort and eco before and after tune. I dont think its actually turbo lag its just pedal lag.
Yes! know exactly what you mean. I dont even think the issue is throttle response. When the car is in comfort i think its in such a high gear that when you mash on the pedal it needs a second to downshift. In sport mode, it seems like the car is always in the right gear so that delay is minimized to the point of being nearly non-existent. Same when you're in manual shift mode

I usually don't bother with comfort mode. If i'm commuting and there's traffic i'm in Eco Individual with steering set to sport. Otherwise i'm just in sport.

Know i'm in the minority but wish I could get this car with manual transmission and a limited slip. The comfort and refinement of the 5 along with a little driver engagement would make this thing perfect. Never gonna be a canyon carver or a track car, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, where the hell are cars like the E39 these days?
Appreciate 0