Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 128i Sport /w PDC and ComAcc

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodara View Post
That's an excellent power curve and a more useful power-band than a n54. How many miles do you have on your 128?
I have just under 14500 miles. I also have yet to do an oil change. I will being doing one in the next couple of days however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
This really makes me wonder if our engines aren't underrated by BMW - the fact that the only mod on your car is an intake and your dyno is reading 235 hp & 211 lb/ft of tq at the wheel is amazing. I would think that powertrain losses would have you somewhere just south of 200 hp. Am I missing something?
Wow there cowboy. This dyno shows at the crank NOT the wheels. Yes our engines are underrated but so are the n54's. I like the NA more...to an extent. Our other parts are making me a little worried though. The tranny is different than the 130 as is our intake manifold. Our crank is different than than the 135. All these make me a little worried about the potential of our 128's. I want power gains but I also want the car to survive 200k miles as well. I mean at least untill I get my next car. I plan on keeping this baby as long as I can.
Black Badge - Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 18" - ASA AR1 18" - B&M Short Shifter - aFe Stage 2 CAI Pro 5 R - Gloss Black Kidney Grills - Performance Pedal Kit - CDV delete - Custom Tint - Bastuck Exhaust w/o Silencer - Custom Tune
Appreciate 0