View Single Post
      11-08-2019, 09:32 AM   #34
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Based on my understanding of the general contract language, AB should get paid by the Pats. The standard language on how you get paid your guaranteed money is subjected to player's availability, and whether he's actually incarcerated. I heard in the haste of signing AB, Pats took a chance and gave him the standard contract, and didn't tailor it to his situation.

Obviously there's no obligation to have him on a roster.
There was this in his contract which allowed his contract to be voided if he "takes any action that materially undermines the public’s respect for, or is materially critical of, the Club, Player’s teammates or the club’s ownership, coaches, management, operations or policies"

Getting accused of another rape and threatening the witness over texts are probably can be classified as an action that undermines the public's respect for the club if they had kept him around.

He also has the standard "Conduct Detrimental to the team" clause in there as well. If they had suspended him 1st, then cut him, like the raiders did, hed have even less of a leg to stand on.

There is also the issue of he did not disclose this 2nd allegation prior to signing the contract, which he was aware of potentially coming to light, which can also void the contract.

Long story short, hes an idiot and wont be getting paid from the raiders or pats.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
tcphoto3523.50