View Single Post
      03-25-2022, 10:56 AM   #270
JMP14
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 540

G30 Pricing in Chicagoland Area

I'm exploring the market for a new 540i x-drive with M-sport in the Chicagoland area. I've contacted several dealers, shared my factory build sheet and inquired re: their best price in % off MSRP, with no dealer add-ons and do they have allocation for a build. I've had some back and forth, with 2 (Elmhurst and Barrington) being straightforward and clear re my questions: offering pricing at MSRP, no dealer add-ons and allocation for a June/July delivery.

I realize it's hard to predict what the market will be like in the next 6-12 months. Do you think I should pull the trigger or wait it out? Based on what you've seen, is what's on the table likely the best I can expect? Seems like the typical 6-10% off MSRP on new BMWs is a something that will not come back in the next 1-2 years, or maybe ever, given how profitable they've been able to be in these new times. I've generally accepted that reality but of course it's still human nature to feel like I am getting a fair/good deal.

I currently have a 2014 328xi m-sport that's in great shape with ~57K miles that has given me no problems. But it's no longer under warranty and at this point I want to move into a new vehicle before I have a costly repair come up. I am also approaching my 50th b-day and had planned on a new 5 series as my reward 🙂.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0