MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I have my FB page (which I resisted starting until Wifey and most of my family coerced me into it) locked down pretty tight. And I upload small versions of my images. FB compression screws them up during upload, so anything someone steals will be useless for printing or reuse elsewhere.
Exactly. Just dont upload them in high resolution and there's basically nothing major that can be done with them; except for posting on their own wall or on forums. But copyright-wise, they cant really get any advantages out of them other then bragging to people that they took the shot. That, I dont think anything will stop them since they still can take screenshot out of your flickr account and make a jpg, post them on facebook or forums and so on.

As for me, I just keep my high resolution files far from internet; period. 800x600 shots are more then enough to show what the real shot looks like and if that shot's gonna attract some attention, its still gonna do in 800x600.

Some will say just watermark them, but I dont really like doing that since most of the watermarks draws too much attention from the subject.

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0