View Single Post
      11-04-2019, 05:22 PM   #139
OG Shark
Rep
Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
So Binotto finally opened his mouth and said that the straight line deficit is because of higher drag caused by more front wing angle. He said that Vettel asked for more downforce in the front because of understeer during Friday practice.
And this just adds to Ferrari's baffling season to me. They were within a .10 of pole with that setup but couldn't carry that over to the race. Also it seemed like they had their front wing figured out coming out of the summer break - my understanding that was the fix that gained them the most improvement in pace. But to then add so much downforce that Renault passes you down the back straight without DRS? I can understand Leclerc being down on pace with the spec 2 engine - but he showed he could match in qualy too but then immediately got driven away from during the race. This has been such a weird up & down season for them.

So what I want to know was how they were so competitive in qualy but then immediately could not keep up with the top 3? Did they have to turn the power up on both cars to a level that wouldn't be close to being reliable to keep pace? So strange.
Appreciate 0