View Single Post
      05-27-2022, 08:37 PM   #6022
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Not everybody is comfortable with that even if there's no mental disorder to conceal. Like someone mentioned, some people deteriorate mentally over time. A mentally sound Sara today may not be the case two years from now. Are you going to readily relinquish your firearms should you decline? I doubt it, but I fully expect you to say that you would because…..appearances.
You know, I actually have thought about that. And the answer is yes, I would. Same as I would with my driver’s license. Should I reach a point where I can no longer operate a vehicle safely, should I be on the road behind the wheel? No.

Speaking of, I wish the DMV had annual testing renewals or something. I swear the people down here make me wonder who passed them on their driving tests I was actually rear ended in April this year. An suv slammed into me while I was at a stop on the expressway. Driver “dozed off” as they stated to the police. It was 08:30. To me, if you’ve got a medical condition where you “doze off” while driving, you shouldn’t be permitted to be behind the wheel!! I was injured and my vehicle was moderately damaged. Their vehicle was totaled. Thankfully, I have youth on my side and good health and I’m fine now, but imagine if they had hit someone else instead of me, and killed that person… guns aren’t for everyone and neither is driving. Not everyone’s going to agree, but that’s just what I think.

Last edited by Sara; 05-27-2022 at 09:54 PM.. Reason: Can’t spell, too tired to care
Appreciate 2