02-02-2016, 08:47 PM   #16
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEUE02 View Post
Of course they don't pay you. I asked what kind of stuff you get free from them. C'mon now A.J., just looking for full disclosure.
Well let's see. I got a free towel EVERY TIME I ordered something. At first, I thought I was getting the hook up. Then I found out that EVERYONE was getting the same thing. So that wasn't it. But they did take me white water rafting, where I fell into the river and almost drowned because I can't swim. So that was what I got for free. I even made a video about it. Is that full disclosure enough for ya'?

Now I have a question for you. Do you notice how other people recommend their products too? Do you think they are getting anything? Maybe, just maybe we have all found a great product for a VERY fair price with free and fast shipping. Since we all love our cars and feel like same minded people also post in the detailing section, we are somewhat compelled to share our good fortune. In life, you don't have to get something in order to give. I will say this though. A forum member happens to live in the same city as I do and asked if he could bring his BMW over and have me advise him on paint care. He did and I found out that he owns a law firm. Well law firms have lots of computers and guess what happened? I picked up a new customer. So by giving freely of my time to the forum, I made money.

This is why I give. I get so much back without asking for anything in the contacts that I make that you couldn't put a monetary value on it. That's what the internet was invented for. The free sharing of information. As a long time member of the IT community, I'm a big contributor to the original purpose of the internet. If you click this link and this one, you will find out that I do this all over the place and it doesn't have anything to do with detailing. I just love sharing what I know and people, young and old appreciate the hell out of it. Hell, I even do it within the community that I live.

Now did I get any kind of kick back for talking to those kids? In a way. It's the same school that Muhammad Ali went to as a kid and I got to meet the champ later that evening. You just can't put a price on that.