Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNYC1919 View Post
thats for base 540. my 540 pretty much fully loaded sticker was about 76k similarly built 550 was 84k
So basically what you are telling me is that you need spend an additional $7k on the 540 that you would not have to spend on the 550 because it is included. Hmmm....seems like a no brainer to me, get the 550 for only $8k more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNYC1919 View Post
thats for base 540. my 540 pretty much fully loaded sticker was about 76k similarly built 550 was 84k
So basically what you are telling me is that you need spend an additional $7k on the 540 that you would not have to spend on the 550 because it is included. Hmmm....seems like a no brainer to me, get the 550 for only $8k more.
Assuming someone is meticulous about maintaining the vehicle, in your opinion, is the long term reliability the same between 540 and 550? I've read that the V8 has more reliability issues than the straight 6 in the 540, but don't really know if that's true. I agree that if I'm spending $77k then I can spend $85k. My main factor would be which one is a better 10 yr/100k mile car.

I have a 2018 540i now, that I just bought CPO. Really enjoying learning more about BMW. Once I have something, I want to know all about it. My father has had 3 bimmers but this is my first. After 20 yrs of full size SUV driving, this is an absolute dream. As you can tell, I'm already thinking about the next one!
Lol, I'm always thinking about the next as well.

I randomly go on the BMW site and build a car just to see what new options and features comes and go.

Speaking of which, I no longer see B&W as an option on the 22 M550. Maybe this was talked about already. Didn't see if on the X5s either. I'm subtly trying to convince my wife that her next car should be a X5. Been trying for a few years...I was unsuccessful last time we were car hunting for her. M-sport def...prob the 40i, although I'd love the M50i. They dropped the 3rd row option on the X5s as well I noticed, during my random buildathons.
Appreciate 0