View Single Post
      04-23-2023, 04:43 PM   #7
Jonny2400
Private
Rep
Drives: G30 530d X Drive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexmorgan View Post
If we compare Msport 704 of G30 530i with mercedes E 300 class amg kit that have sporty suspension

How close is 704 to this mercedes ?
I had a F10 SE with VDC on 18 inch NNF Tyres, my G30 has the basic M sport 704 on 20 inch alloys and I found the ride similar between the two, then slightly better on the G30 once I swapped to the PS4S NRFs.

I was worried, that the ride would be worse, especially on the larger alloys but no issues.

I didn’t spec VDC on the G30 as I found very little difference between sport and comfort, I had the F10 from brand new until I traded it in for the G30, some 137,400 miles later.

I used to do a 150 mile drive on a motorway each day, it was country bound so dead, but very exposed, the only time I found VDC useful was on this trip as it helped a tiny bit with drifting.

That road suffered from strong cross winds and as I said it was “dead” so rarely would you be driving slowly, you could go 20 mins before seeing another car etc and it was a 2 lane, straight flat motorway.. so I was often “filling the clock” if you catch my meaning.
Appreciate 0