View Single Post
      05-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #6
bogdan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchBoy View Post
I autocrossed my E46 325Ci for a number of years. It was slightly modified and overall did pretty well. Very predictable and tossable. Just not enough power and torque.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally got a chance to autocross the M3. I was a bit concerned that it would not be a great autocross car, mainly due to the weight. The car is currently stock. I plan to get track pads and wheels/tires since I will sign up for track days soon.

I think I was wrong.

I had so much fun. The car was amazing. And FAST. Felt very nimble, easy to maneuver and that power just gets you going so fast. Torque was plentiful. Since I knew one of the main issue would be understeer (staggered stock setup), I anticipated every tight corner by braking extra hard coming into the corner and pounding on the throttle after the apex. Worked pretty well. Now, I am thinking that with a square setup and a bit of camber, the M3 is going to be a GREAT autocross car.

Oh, and I won my class! Here are the results:
That's awesome!

I can't wait to run the car in the dry... all the autocrosses have been in the rain so far this season.

The square setup works well, and you can really get the car to TTOS. I changed my alignment to 0 toe in the front and maxed out the negative camber.

I have Dinan plates sitting here, and HR Sports coming. I'm curious to see the kind of results those will have...especially in the dry.

I'm thinking that with 275 RA-1's or better, the car should be able to make some good times.

Good luck with your season.
My dog swallowed my FOB. Luckily it was Comfort Access so I could still drive the car. Of course I had to take him with me everywhere and every time he rolled over the windows went down.
Appreciate 0