Nadz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G30 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollpe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadz View Post
By any chance was it really cold overnight.
I had the same issue with my door and had to open it from the inside (through window or via passenger seat). Spoke to BMW assist and they advised to leave engine running and warm up car. After a short drive the problem went away once the door thawed out.

I found it strange that the handle felt "floppy" (can think of a better way of describing it) and when I pushed the door to shut, it would bounce back open (as the latch was in the open position). the only way I could close it was to hold the door shut and then hit the lock button on the fob.

This bugs the hell out of me as I have had BMW's for over 10 years and my 2018 G30 is the only one that has ever had frozen handles.
I have had the exact same problem with one of my rear doors when it is below freezing. The dealer looked at it and didn't find any fault. It's a pain in the mornings, especially if I'm having to take the kids anywhere and it's frozen! I find that pouring warm water over it a few times sorts it out.

Like you say, it bugs the hell out of me too!

If it's any help...Here a link to the video I sent the dealer.

BMW Frozen Door Handle
That video is spot on! Here was me with my floppy handle!

I have had many BMs and this is the first it has happened to. The only door that works is the passenger one. So I open that and lean in and open the drivers from the inside. However I will then forget and when I get back to the car will try the handle and go through the hassle of holding it shut while locking it!

Im in Scotland so we do see freezing weather. I wonder if others in colder climates have the same issue?
Appreciate 0