View Single Post
      02-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #40
bretster
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
first time flying the Nano today. Been though 2 battery charges so far. I think it would be easier to grasp without RC plane experience. It's difficult to translate the aileron and elevator controls for fixed wing flight to multi rotor. It's somewhat similar, but the i keep trying to go forward with the throttle!

The rudder control is about the only thing that is really similar but i never used the rudder too much on my foamy and the flying wing doesn't have one.

Also, I'm defiantly using too heavy throttle adjustments to maintain consistent altitude. And when ever i start to get in trouble my instincts are to go max throttle and pull back on the elevator. No bueno for multi rotor flight.

The dog is NOT a fan of the Nano.
Yeah, the whole left stick orientation really throws people off, but this is my first RC experience of any kind. Learned on my F450, and have yet to fly the F550 so I'm very excited to give it a go. It'll take some practice but it'll get really addicting really quickly.

If you end up wanting to drop the nano, post it up on the classifieds on rcgroups forums and you'll get a bite really quickly. Good go-to for selling and buying used RC stuff.
Appreciate 0