Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordOnRoad View Post
Currently shooting with a Yashica FX-3 Super 2000 and a Sigma SA-7N. So much more gratifying when seeing the developed photos.
Don't confuse seeing prints from film with seeing prints. Digital prints, printed on high quality paper with a high quality printer can be stunning.

If don't own a larger format printer, consider a Canon Pixma Pro-100, or one of the printers in their pro line. It'll produce stunning 13x19" prints, either color or B&W. Right out of the box, it's excellent, but you can easily test and tweak the accuracy to totally match your monitor.

Many people only look at their images digitally; on a monitor, smart-phone, pad device or their HDTV. The tactile look and feel of a print is an extra bonus element. Even some film shooters, scan their negatives and only see their images digitally. If you send out to a lab, then you're likely getting negatives, prints and files.

By necessity (I started before Kodak built the first digital sensor) I've shot tons and tons of medium format and 35mm film, both positive and negative. My digital prints blow away anything that I ever did with film.