View Single Post
      03-15-2023, 08:41 PM   #1
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

$1 Homes in Italy

I first heard about this in 2019 and was intrigued. Looking into it, the one thing that held me back was living in a remote town with not much to do. Fast forward a few years and I have read about and watched videos of couples who went through with it. I’m sure for every one that turned out well, there were many others that gave up.

I was chatting with a friend from work and he said that his family doesn’t plan on buying in the Bay Area because it is expensive as heck. They would want a pretty nice house which around here is in the multi-million range. He joked (I think?) that they might just end up with a $1 home in Italy at some point. They love Italy as much as I do so it makes sense. That rekindled my interest in it but again, the same concerns above came back. Ultimate, the final cost could be upwards of $100K+. If I were to buy a place, it would be in cities like Verona, Milan, or Rome, even if it’s much more expensive. Anyhow, was just wondering if anyone here has experience in that or knows someone who’s done it successfully. It’s an interesting topic to me.
Appreciate 1