View Single Post
      07-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #376
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

now that i have my own, i've been shooting a lot with it as a photo camera. and i must say, i'm quite impressed. the only gripe that i can think of right now is that i can't set the DOF-preview button to Spot Meter like I can on my D3 (which is on ebay now). but i do have it set to AF one-shot>AI servo.
the AF is so greatly improved over the mark2, and it's like a completely different camera in your hand as far as design and ergonomics go.
still getting used to Canon's AF modes, but it tracks really well usually. sometimes it'll go from my son's eye to his nose or mouth, which can be a huge fail if i'm in real close, but maybe it would do better in brighter light (was at 1/60 f/2.8 and iso 800).
the Q button is kind of weird but can get used to it now when you know which dials to turn to set something without going further in the menus.
the other thing i miss is having more control of creating custom picture styles. when setting the black/white points on the curve with the software, they stay at 0 and 255. which totally sucks (nikon's curve let you edit all points just as in LR or PS. hopefully i'm just doing it wrong and that there is a way, trying to find that out. i like being able to shoot jpgs sooc that i like, but until i figure that out, i won't be able to. win some and lose some. :\

Appreciate 0