01-07-2022, 10:21 AM   #38
NC M550 VADER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M550i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
That's strange. It's not BMW that provides the warranty, but Carbahn - and only for the initial warranty period of 4 years or 48 months.

So let's say you are within your initial warranty and something brakes down. If BMW states that the tune was the reason why it broke down, they go to Carbahn and ask them to cover the repair charges.

Now, if you are out of the initial warranty, Carbahn does not even warranty anything. Even if you have a CPO BMW, they won't cover anything beyond the original warranty of 4/48.

It would be strange that BMW would be willing to cover a tune that the manufacturer of the tune (Carbahn) does not even cover beyond the original warranty. The only time I could see that happening is if they were to lie to the 3rd party warranty company that a tune was not installed.
I think you are misconstruing what I said. Basically, if I suffer a failure because of the tune, coverage will NOT be excluded under the Hendrick Autoguard. They are reselling the product and they stand behind it. You are right that had I been under the original factory warranty, the Carbahn warranty acts as additional coverage to the extent that BMW would not cover repairs.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0