View Single Post
      04-13-2023, 08:25 PM   #1024
Nativetexan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

My father owned a small used car dealership for like 35 years. I grew up on it and later worked at through high school and college.

One morning on the way to the lot he told me that he parked all the cars I could choose from on the front row as my first car. It was about 5-6 cars. It was pretty fun and exciting thinking about as I drove in to town with him.

He told me years later that he had put a ton of money into an old K5 blazer that he thought for sure I’d want. My best friend had one at the time. He detailed it, did all the maintenance and put new tires on it. It was white and was a looker.

When I looked in the car it had solid blue interior, as mid 80s commonly did. I just don’t like it.

Right next to it was a 1984 BMW 318i, black with tan interior. It had 154,000 miles back then, which was ALOT. The car was a dump compared to the other line up.

It cost $2,400 IIIRC, and my dad was going to sell it for $5,000. This was back in the mid 90s.

I loved that car after watching the e30s race in IMSA on tv. I thought this was my chance to have that.

The car has 100hp I believe and couldn’t hit 90mph downhill with a tailwind. Looking back perfect for a race dreaming teenager. After I got my 318i, my friend got rid of his K5, and then got a late 80s 325i convertible that I was super jealous of. Haha.
Appreciate 2
NGT25751.00