Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
I would never get a clear bra... but that's just me. And the odds of something hitting your power dome is rare. I don't like the thin line that shows up and I'm not sure how it'll look five-years from now. Will it cause paint defects or discolouration? Don't know. Not sure if the clear bra technology has been out long enough to know. Also, someone on this board did his entire front end... the entire hood, both fenders etc... and the front end under light had a much different gloss than the rest of the car. Wasn't a wise thing to do, in my opinion. Especially, that the paint underneath will never be waxed but the rest of the car will age. What ever. Clear bra sucks.
Disagree completely. I track my car often and I will say, the power dome and the part of my hood that is not covered, has rock chips(while easily fixable w/touchup) that would not exist with the film. I did a 1/4 clear bra on my current e46M hood, and custom bumper & fenders. Fender film goes past the fender hump like a Nike swoosh and the bumper is custom with no apparent lines.

Think about it, the hood and the front portion of fenders take all the abuse, especially the elevated power dome. However, the people that do full fenders, it's more form over function as chips past your fender humps are slim to none. I honestly can not see any of my film lines, unless my car is filthy dirty, which is seldom.

Anyhow, on my e92 I will be doing a full hood this time around as the power dome is even bigger than the e46 and a full bumper.....fenders will be a partial custom wrap of some sort.

If you use quality film and wax/wash the film as you would the rest of the car, the film does not weather and looks like new. As far as the paint aging differently based on the film covered areas; I do not think the film reflects all light penetration like the 1970 black leather front end bra's

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded

Last edited by DJ9; 03-16-2008 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 0