joe black
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

ASS coding

Quote:
Originally Posted by pemz View Post
So I did the same this morning. But during coding the car turned itself off and got a service message in the screen to visit the nearest dealer. At the same time got all green from Esys. After restarting the car, message was gone and all seems well.
The same thing happened to me two days ago. I thought I killed my 6 day old G01. Scared the hell out of me! But like yours, the car restarted OK with no apparent issue. My Esys did throw a big red error code and thus, did not disable ASS. I did successfully disable to OBD alarm, so that was good. When I get over my PTSD, I plan to try again. I have one question. In a prior G30 post, the following was posted:
TCM_MSA_MEMORY under:CAFD_00002742_000_105_003.ncd. Paramethers Wert should be set to Wert_00 and Werte=01.
Above, in this thread, it says:
I was able to code stop/start to remember last setting. I was able to find an option TCM_MSA_MEMORY under:CAFD_00002742_000_105_003.ncd. Paramethers Wert should be set to Wert_01 and Werte=01.
I forgot what default was. Can you tell me which is correct or does it not matter?
Thanks!
Appreciate 0