View Single Post
      07-06-2021, 02:14 PM   #18
430Scud
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550iX,430 Scud,E39 540Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
No that would be beyond my needs, as i don't track the car, i want a bit more rigidity to improve handling but the car is basically very good already.
Great thread, thank you for starting this. I just ordered the rear reinforcements online for $645.27 on mybimmerparts.com, with free shipping and no sales tax.

I did a similar upgrade on my E39 540 M-Sport many years ago, adding the M5 "traction rods" which similarly tied the rear subframe to the main chassis with steel rods. It was designed to reduce axle hop on hard acceleration, but I noticed increased rear roll stiffness during spirited cornering. And as suspected, no increase in harshness or downsides with the addition (other than weight of a few pounds).

On the front thrust arms, I used (and continue to use) the Meyle solid thrust arm bushings on my E39, over the oem liquid filled bushings. Much longer wearing, with minimal increase in harshness. I am unsure I am prepared to go to mono balls, but appreciate your feedback on them.

BTW, any pictures or comments on what front bracing or reinforcements you are using? I did a Strong Strut front strut brace on my E39, but found no noticeable improvement.

Thank you again.

Last edited by 430Scud; 07-10-2021 at 10:20 PM..
Appreciate 0