KurzcoupeF82
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpxchewy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GymNut View Post
For those of you that track or drive professionally and have a sim rig...how close are the simulations from the real deal? Please be specific if possible I've always been curious.
It depends on which sim you use. I personally use assetto corsa and I'm about 4 seconds slower at laguna seca irl than in game but that's mainly because of me not having enough balls for turn 9,10,11. The physics of the car is fantastic and you can adjust suspension and tires and car. Each car follows their own power delivery as well, for example a e92 M3 is much easier to control in the lower rpm since it's NA vs a f80 where if you press the pedal a little too hard you'll break traction at 5k. I still can't drive a Cayman GT4 as well as a FR car because I'm not good at controlling MR driving dynamics yet (snap oversteer all day err day). In addition all tracks are scanned with elevation so characteristics of how the car adjusts with the track is there too.

Besides the lack of Gforce I would say the sim manages the car and track part of tracking very well. Plus, I can practice weak areas and not worry about over driving vs irl I could never do more than 7/10.
What I've noticed with MR cars is you have to do all your braking and downshifting before the turn and when the wheels are straight. I've noticed if the throttle position dips below ~10% during the turn, it induces snap oversteer. Try rolling into the throttle progressively (from 1/8-1/4 throttle position) once you're entering the apex. Either way you definitely have to use the throttle for stability more than you would in an FR car. I play with a controller, so it's a lot more finicky if you don't get it right. Needless to say my accelerator finger is shot after a few laps.

I'm using Forza 7 BTW (TCS off, ABS off, STM off, and manual shifting) not sure if it'll help with Assetto Corsa, but the concepts should be the same. The Ferrari 360 challenge stradale is the most forgiving and educational for getting comfortable with the dynamics of a MR car. Good luck man👍🏽

*And I agree, even in Forza the GT4 is not a very forgiving car like the 360CS.
Appreciate 0