11-18-2018, 07:42 AM   #46
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
No. He races with a Dutch license and stated that he's Dutch not Belgian becuase he "feels more Dutch". I wouldn't be so proud of him when he denies his Belgian heritage so blatantly.

From his father's mouth.

"For example, in the eyes of some Belgian media, Max is apparently Belgian. To be honest, I think that's a bit cheap. He's been racing for years but up until a few months ago, no one spoke or wrote anything about Max and now they claim he is theirs. And I completely disagree.

It's true that Max has both nationalities, because Sophie and I were married when Max was born. However, he races and always has raced with a Dutch racing license so from that perspective he is more Dutch than Belgian. And that is the way he feels about it too. If the Dutch play a game of football against Belgium, he'll support the Netherlands. And if he turns eighteen and he has to chose, he'll opt for the Dutch nationality."

Yikes
The only Dutch thing about Max is his F1 license (Dutch flag on his car) and that's all about financial speculation because the Belgian taxes are insane !

Which nationality do you have when you are born in Belgium ? And your ID ,passport and driver license is Belgian ?
At 18 , MAX *had to get* his *Belgian driver license* and *driving test* *here in Belgium* But in the Belgian newspapers he said => I don't give a 5H1T about my driver license , because I'm born for the race !

Please read post # 21 => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1554472

Use Google-translate for this => https://www.demorgen.be/sport/max-ve...belg-bb07b664/

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0