View Single Post
      11-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #48
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Ocon is a somebody though. He wasn't handed a top F1 car by dad, this is true but when the cars were equal he beat Max up and down the track in F3. The guy finished 8th last year in a sub par car with a team that cant pay their bills. You will see this kid in a top car in the next few years and you'll see him beat MV. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon, some have to get their ass in a kart and grind to the top, others just have to sit in one of the best cars backed by one of the richest teams....
Unfortunately I think Ocon is going to get a short straw in F1. He has talent but no financial backing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woots View Post
So I work for RedBull Racing on Daniel Ricciardo car crew so I’m probably a little better in the know/less likely to go off media hype/albeit perhaps slightly biased (Daniels the better driver anyway, and what?)
I do however think that Max with hindsight should’ve just let him by without losing time and then overtaken after Ocon inevitably cooked his tyres in a slower car, regardless though Ocon should’ve have put himself in the situation with the leader whoever it was. It has however got everyone talking about it more than lewis wining it, so who’s the real winner from a bigger point of view....
Daniel is certainly more easily likeable! I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do at Renault. And you're right -- the mishap spiced up what would have otherwise been a pretty ho-hum race.
Appreciate 0