United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woots View Post
So I work for RedBull Racing on Daniel Ricciardo car crew so I'm probably a little better in the know/less likely to go off media hype/albeit perhaps slightly biased (Daniels the better driver anyway, and what?)
I do however think that Max with hindsight should've just let him by without losing time and then overtaken after Ocon inevitably cooked his tyres in a slower car, regardless though Ocon should've have put himself in the situation with the leader whoever it was. It has however got everyone talking about it more than lewis wining it, so who's the real winner from a bigger point of view....
Woots, yer just the man I wanted to talk to: this is where Poiseuille Jr. and I sat in 2017 and watched Daniel eat Kimi's lunch.
As luck would have it we were on the lower catwalk returning with 'refreshments' when that pass happened and we could easily see way up the straight. It was easy to have a premonition of what was about to happen, and we did, but we and everybody else in that grandstand was thinking "no way" or "he's not really going to....." even as Daniel was exiting the chicken leaving Kimi checking his wallet. I've been watching this stuff since race tires were treaded and that pass ranks as one of the damnedest things I've seen on a race track.
I envy you working with a driver as elegant Daniel.

(Edit: "chicken" is how A. Prost always pronounced "chicane"......I think deliberately)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1