View Single Post
      11-20-2018, 09:11 PM   #104
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Alright, since you're so smart...direct me to where I stated that the punishment given to Ocon was incorrect?

Where in my quote do I say that you have said that Ocon's punishment was incorrect?
The quote you're giving is about me saying that Verstappen didnt get a punishment because his move was legit.

Ocon made the mistake, NOT Verstappen. Verstappen isnt the one that should recieve a punishment.

And that you think that Verstappen did made a mistake, or at least question my view that Verstappen wasn't at fault, that his move was legit, you say that right here (talking about Verstappen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
If they don't punish a given driver, no mistake can possibly have been made by that driver... This is what you are saying we should understand so easily, correct Guido?
Meaning that Verstappen did make a mistake. That his move was at fault but that he just wasn't punished for it. That's not how Whiting sees it.
Ocon had no legit reason interfering with Verstappen's driving line. He should have backed off when his overtake attempt failed at the straight. Instead he placed his car inbetween Verstappens car and the apex of T2, resulting in the crash. This is something you only do when you're fighting for the same spot, not when you're trailing a lap. Verstappen drove the racing line and Ocon should have yielded. But he didnt.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-20-2018 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 0