11-20-2018, 09:46 PM   #105
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Where in my quote do I say that you have said that Ocon's punishment was incorrect?
The quote you're giving is about me saying that Verstappen didnt get a punishment because his move was legit.

Ocon made the mistake, NOT Verstappen. Verstappen isnt the one that should recieve a punishment.

And that you think that Verstappen did made a mistake, or at least question my view that Verstappen wasn't at fault, that his move was legit, you say that right here (talking about Verstappen)

Meaning that Verstappen did make a mistake. That his move was at fault but that he just wasn't punished for it. That's not how Whiting sees it.
Ocon had no legit reason interfering with Verstappen's driving line. He should have backed off when his overtake attempt failed at the straight. Instead he placed his car inbetween Verstappens car and the apex of T2, resulting in the crash. This is something you only do when you're fighting for the same spot, not when you're trailing a lap. Verstappen drove the racing line and Ocon should have yielded. But he didnt.
I give up. Bottom line is that Verstappen could've made a different choice (even with the erroneous action of Ocon) and won the race, but he did not. You can label that whatever you want...Right, wrong, mistake, destiny, fate, genius, Whiting said, etc.
Appreciate 2
minn1914021.00
3798j11379.00