View Single Post
      01-01-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
Martin30x
Private
Rep
Drives: 540i xdrive

540i x drive, remapped 440 /608nm

Hi guys.

After checking dte, racechips etc tuning boxes (they offered free test).

But all of them was flat.. feels flat and a bit unstable at high rpm.

Ive decied to sacrifice warranty. I am glad I did it.

The cat is amazing now with all stock apart from k&n filter. Which sounds nice (you can hear turbo spool).. cold air is important...
(Dont understand people with xxx air intake and open housing to let hot air come thruu filter all that heat from engine.. which is stupid.. makes car goes worse...)

Ive tested car with ron 95, 98 (crap) 99 or 102 octane. The car fly on german autobhan.
(I loved 102 bp ultimate). No matther how I stress car heavy with load. Was fine.

This was recommended by tuning company not to use lower than 98 (i agree to that).

The 440 bhp and 608nm on 4x4 dyno does the job.

The proper remap is the proper remap done with measured temperatures in/out and exhaust temp. Proper timings, pressure corrected.

So the car pulls nice and stable to max rpm. Vs tuning box where I noticed wird loss of power at high rpms.

So if you are thinking of getting remap stage 1, of your 540i i strongly recommend to do it.

Its day and night when compare to tuning box. But ask for gearbox limiter to be adjusted.

Do yourself a favor and change blue coolant (season only) to red stuff and add water wetter or mecool to lower temp .

I am awaiting armytrix exhaust... will dyno again car to see how it goes ,
Attached Images

Last edited by Martin30x; 01-10-2019 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50