View Single Post
      01-09-2019, 12:16 PM   #4
Martin30x
Private
Rep
Drives: 540i xdrive

***** exhaust received and fitted****

Armytrix for g30 540i isnt to loud, I would say a bit to quiet. With valves closed its almost like stock. (almost).

You have to open the windows down, to hear burbling, my mate drove car for me when I was outside, from outside its nice and burbling noise.

Ive decided to try out catless downpipe. I think is to quiet.

Few thing I dont like for that price... are clamps ( are non stainless stell... 4x clamps.. in that price, stainless stell should be supplied instead standard metal...)

With supportive bracket in middle section. The exhaust can make a noise as it can touch it! There is about 20mm gap only, very tight. Only on crap road when drive to fast.. (not alwayes).

Next thing is APP... I have android mobile phone.. it takes about 1-2min for that dongle to boot up. So the app can connect... ( time counted from start of ignition).

You can use FOB, to set flaps open, closed or auto. APP is nice when you have dedicated mobile phone for it . Otherwise you have to choose.. app or car Bluetooth.

~~~~~ When I live fob inside of my car~~~~ trigger the car key forgotten alarm

If I stop and walk out from car in 10s, stop the car. Leave and close car... with remote with armytrix fob anywhere inside... the alarm goes on for an X reason. I think beacuse car detect that something is connected to OBD and its ON.

I have to keep fob in my pocket . However there is a way around. Stop the car, stop the engine, turn off igniotion, walk out from car, close door and WAIT at least 30s and arm alarm with remote. Will work just fine.

In the first place I thought someone wants to nick my 540i .

To be honest, the armytrix for g30 540i is overpriced. I think.

Installation instruction is ok, but its silly at some point, when it shows you how to fit cable in the cabin. Next to server, so tight. There are much better easier hassle free points where you can feed in cable.
The rubber pipe should be a little but longer.

Also I fitted 550i diffusor, the reason for this was, that gap was about 5-10mm at max only around the original diffusor, I had it.

Entire back box is slightly lower than original exhaust.

Next week will get DP, will see how it goes. How loud will it be. Will dyno care too. So see any potential gains in hp.
Appreciate 0