timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin30x View Post
bms air intake. With open top. ....

The top of air filter is closed for a reason and intake of cold air coming from the front, thru channel.

The rule is simple, more hot air in intake = car loosing bhp, drive slower become more sluggish.

Thats why a car manufactures uses channel for intake from outside instead of inside engine bay...

Venturi and it carbon intakes are full made from front. Keep cold insulated as much as possible from engine, have dyno tested and proved.

Better bhp, better response.

K&N got drop in filters. (Direct replacment) its cheap.

Car is more responsive with it. Yes, you can turbo and its fraction of the stupid price of bms filter.

There is a reason why people are fitting far away filters like bms from engine. In current setup the filter sit on top of turbo. The mose hot place in entire engine bay....

I have seen many people complaning about "wird behaive" after driving for xx in x40i. With BMS

Beacuse hot air that car uses are getting to hot.

Beacuse of its location. Driving in summer will bring even more problems.

Like I said there is a reason why car manufactures takes cold air from.outside, why proper air intakes coming with proper piping to take that cold air from outside. Not inside engine bay... just like bms...did.
I understand the premise of it.. but if you're pulling in air from outside the car or air from within the engine bay, it will still be compressed and passed through the [very] hot turbo itself. This will be hotter than the outside or ambient air temperature. Either way you're going to the intercooler before mixing with fuel. I suppose one could argue that cooler outside air won't heat up as much as it traverses through the intake plumbing and turbo, but I am assuming the outside air temperature would have to be incredibly lower than the ambient temperature in the engine bay. I guess my point is.. since we have an intercooler, how much cooler is your outside air vs. ambient air when it enters the intercooler? I suspect it's not significant under normal operation.