01-29-2019, 02:47 AM   #31
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kDub2019 View Post
I am forgetful and grab things out of the car. My house is 3 levels with the garage being on the bottom. So if I don’t have the key I have to go to the third level to get the key. Yes I could lock it. Yes I could keep my key on the second floor. But a better question is why does the car not turn off like every other car brand?
This is probably my biggest nit with the G30. Locking is the only way I've figured out how to reliably shut everything off after I get home.

But, I've never had to lock cars in my garage before, so I've gotten into the habit of getting things from/putting things in the cars just at random times throughout the day. I work from home so lots of times I'll go stuff drycleaning or a package or a shopping list or whatever in there that I know I'll need on my next trip. Or if I've just come back from a bunch of shopping/errands, I'll gradually unload through the day rather than all at once.

Now, it's annoying when I wander out there and don't have a key on me. I've tried the radio button thing, but then everything just turns back on the next time I open a door.

Yes, I could change my car loading/unloading habits. But I feel like a $90k vehicle should adapt to my needs, not the other way around.
Appreciate 1
Aud Dr243.00