01-30-2019, 09:44 AM   #33
justinu909
United_States
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9818 440i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kDub2019 View Post
I agree this is crazy. I called BMW customer service today and said I can’t figure out how to turn off the car - I have a Masters degree in Computer Science!! I keep it in my garage and I don’t lock the car. After being on hold for a few minutes she told me to press the radio power button until it turns off (radio button also turns off the digital dash). Great!!

So tonight I tried it and the radio turned off but the angle lights stayed on...not just to light the path for a few minutes but stuck on. Last few mornings they stayed on overnight. Yes my lights are set to auto. I played with turning the lights off but did the same thing. It also keeps the ambient lighting on inside and random orange buttons. I don’t think it’s a feature.

I will try the seatbelt trick next but I don’t remember my 2004 530i doing this and my eClass I had for 7 years never had a problem turning off. In fact this is the only car I have ever owned or rented that won’t turn off. I also bought a 530e and it did the same thing. I returned the 530e because the battery only lasted 30 minutes in gas battery mode. It only lasts 15 minutes in battery mode.

2 years and 11 months and back to Mercedes.

I have a customer who purchased a 2018 X3 a few months back and immediately she was calling saying her headlights are staying on for over an hour pretty often (garage parked). I checked out her settings a couple of times and everything was normal, pathway lights only set for 20 seconds. Eventually we brought the car in for service & no issues were found. I was thinking maybe a faulty light sensor but nothing. Sometimes reprogramming does the trick...?
Appreciate 0