Bimmertrashjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinu909 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kDub2019 View Post
I agree this is crazy. I called BMW customer service today and said I can't figure out how to turn off the car - I have a Masters degree in Computer Science!! I keep it in my garage and I don't lock the car. After being on hold for a few minutes she told me to press the radio power button until it turns off (radio button also turns off the digital dash). Great!!

So tonight I tried it and the radio turned off but the angle lights stayed on...not just to light the path for a few minutes but stuck on. Last few mornings they stayed on overnight. Yes my lights are set to auto. I played with turning the lights off but did the same thing. It also keeps the ambient lighting on inside and random orange buttons. I don't think it's a feature.

I will try the seatbelt trick next but I don't remember my 2004 530i doing this and my eClass I had for 7 years never had a problem turning off. In fact this is the only car I have ever owned or rented that won't turn off. I also bought a 530e and it did the same thing. I returned the 530e because the battery only lasted 30 minutes in gas battery mode. It only lasts 15 minutes in battery mode.

2 years and 11 months and back to Mercedes.

I have a customer who purchased a 2018 X3 a few months back and immediately she was calling saying her headlights are staying on for over an hour pretty often (garage parked). I checked out her settings a couple of times and everything was normal, pathway lights only set for 20 seconds. Eventually we brought the car in for service & no issues were found. I was thinking maybe a faulty light sensor but nothing. Sometimes reprogramming does the trick...?
I had a long conversation with BMW NA yesterday, as they called for my input on the M550. My first bit of feedback was on this subject. I explained not only my experience with this function as well as the people on this thread. She gave me suggestions listed in this thread and I explained how none of the them worked 100% of the time. My take was that the majority of us that garage our autos don't lock them and don't want to babysit them to make sure it completely shuts off. She was taking notes to pass along to her management as well as the engineers in Germany. We also spoke about other things such as auto start/stop feature, apple car play, color choices and some exterior features. She seemed as if they were truly interested in feedback.
Appreciate 0